Real Chinese is a lively introduction to Mandarin Chinese in 10 short parts. Click on the topics in order to see the slideshow and hear the language. You’ll also find useful phrases with tips on pronunciation and grammar, cultural notes and a short challenge to check what you’ve learnt. You can access Real Chinese through the CSU Library Catalogue or on the BBC Languages page.Once you’ve mastered this introductory course, why not see what further resources are available for improving your new skills? Click here for more resources recommended by BBC Languages. For students and staff in Australia, why not explore some of the Chinese language resources in the Library Catalogue?
- Learn Chinese in just 15 minutes a day (2 CD set)
- Business companion : Chinese : the language guide to global business (1 CD – Mandarin)
- Cantonese Chinese phrase book & dictionary
- Making out in Chinese by Ray Daniels
- You can speak Mandarin by Philip Yungkin Lee
- Niujin jing xuan Ying Han, Han Ying ci dian (Oxford concise English-Chinese, Chinese-English dictionary)
- English-Chinese & Chinese-English course-based medical dictionary