Each week CSU adds hundreds of new resources to the catalogue, including books, DVDs, CDs, and electronic resources. This is just a selection of highlights of the new DVDs that were added to the collection last week. Click here to view the ‘new-look’ list of new titles.
- Future food (SBS) “The ban on growing genetically modified canola crops has been lifted in NSW and Victoria and it’s predicted that a growing number of other GM crops will be approved over the coming years. Insight brings together consumers, health professionals, scientists, farmers, food manufacturers and industry experts to debate this issue.” Check Availability
- American gangster Armed with ruthless, streetwise tactics and a strict but skewed sense of honour, crime boss Frank Lucas rules Harlem’s chaotic drug underworld. When outcast policeman Richie Roberts sets out to bring down Lucas’ multimillion-dollar empire, it plunges both men into a legendary confrontation. Check Availability
- Atonement In 1935, 13-year-old fledgling writer Briony Tallis and her family live a life of wealth and privilege in their enormous mansion. On the warmest day of the year, the country estate takes on an unsettling hothouse atmosphere, stoking Briony’s vivid imagination… Check Availability
- Bondi Tsunami Feature length road movie about the Japanese surfing subculture in Australia. The film is inspired by the young Japanese that come to Australia on working holiday visas, in search of sun, surf and salvation. Check Availability
- No country for old men When a Vietnam vet who could do with a break stumbles on a bloody crime scene out in remote dry Texas-Mexico border country, a pickup truck loaded with heroin and two million dollars in irresistible cash, his decision to take the money sets off an unstoppable chain reaction of violence. Check Availability
- The home song stories This is the true story of Rose, a glamorous Shanghai nightclub singer, who struggles to survive in seventies Australia with two young children. Based on writer/director Tony Ayres’ own life, The Home Song Stories is an epic tale of mothers and sons, mothers and daughters, unrequited love, betrayal and secrets. Check Availability
- The fugitive A Chicago surgeon falsely convicted of killing his wife is determined to prove his innocence by leading his pursuers to the one-armed man who actually committed the crime. Check Availability