What you need to know about Blackwell Synergy Journals Moving to Wiley InterScience

On Wednesday we posted about Blackwell Synergy Journals Moving to Wiley InterScience, and while you don’t need to change your bookmarks, and links from the Library website will remain current, here are some of the changes you can expect from the merger:

• Journal content pages — will look slightly different but still be accessible at their current URL
  • Table of contents email alerts — for your selected journals will continue. The sender will appear as “Wiley InterScience” instead of the journal title
  • My Synergy — your personalized settings such as favorite journals, table of contents email alerts will now be stored in My Profile. Access to My Profile will be using your existing username and password
  • Search alerts and saved searches — these can not be moved to your new Wiley InterScience My Profile area but if you re-run your searches on Wiley InterScience from 30th June you will get results not from 1400 journals but also over 5000 online books and reference works
  • Online early articles — papers published online in advance of the print version will be available in the Early View section of the journal content page
  • Searching — searches in Wiley InterScience will be across title, abstract and keywords. Full text searching will be temporarily unavailable until the launch of Wiley-Blackwell’s new platform in early 2009

One thought

1. Will the Library be running any classes for academics like me who are a bit unsure about using Wiley? Who do I talk to about this?