Students at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology who want to use their iPhones to look at course syllabi or check the campus-shuttle schedule can now surf to a version of the MIT Web site designed especially for cellphones. And officials plan to let other colleges use the Mobile Web project software.
The MIT Mobile Web includes:
- People Directory for locating students, faculty and staff
- Campus Map to find buildings, parking and landmarks
- Events Calendar so you never miss out on the action
- Shuttle Schedule to ensure your not waiting at the station all day
- Stellar provides the latest news and announcements for all classes
- and more…
Andrew Yu from MIT’s Information Services & Technology department estimates that MIT has spent about $200,000 developing the mobile Web project, which was first rolled out this past June. The goal is to release the software to other colleges early next year.
See the full article from the Chronicle of Higher Education here.