This week (5-11 of September) is National Poetry Week and today (7th of September) is the fifth Indigenous Literacy Day. To mark these occasions, why not check out some of the indigenous poetry resources available through the CSU Library.
Indigenous and Australian Poetry Books:
- Etchings Indigenous : black and sexy : stories, poetry, interviews, reviews, photography, art by Janelle Moran, Coral Reeve, Christine Ward
- Crow feathers : an indigenous collection of poems and images by Rebecca Edwards , Janelle Evans
- Rimfire by Romaine Moreton, Alf Taylor, Michael J. Smith
- The strength from within : Sista Girl Yarnz by Sista Girl Yarnz Aboriginal Women’s Group.
- See my world : writings by young Indigenous Australians by Northern Territory Writers’ Centre
- Little Eva at Moonlight Creek : and other Aboriginal song poems by Robert M. W Dixon , Martin Duwell
- Poems and rhymes by Arron Richardson
- Dark secrets : after dreaming (AD) 1887-1961 by Jeanine Leane
- Fresh cuttings : a celebration of fiction and poetry from UQP’s black writing series by Sandra Phillips, Sue Abbey
- Indigenous Literacy Foundation
- Australian Poetry
- Northern Territory Writers’ Centre
- Creative Spirits
Australian Literature Databases: