Do you need to find multiple journal articles or books for a literature review or other research? Search@CSU Library offers several easy and timesaving methods for managing your search results.
- Email your search results – to yourself, and/or to other people ;
- Organise your search results into separate folders ;
- Save your favourite search queries, with the option to receive updates when new relevant items become available – very useful for long-term research projects.
Email your search results
1. Make sure you are logged in to Search@CSU Library :
4. Click on the check boxes next to the title(s) you wish to email (1)., then click on ‘e-mail’ (2.):
5. A new window will appear on your screen. Type in your email address, and check ‘save this e-mail address in my preferences’ to make this your default email address. Then click ‘send’.
The email will include a brief description of the item, with a link that will take the recipient straight to the catalogue record to either view the full text or request a loan or copy.
Organise your search results into separate folders
1. Follow steps 1 to 3 above.
2. To add new folders: in the box to the left-hand side of your ‘My Folder’ contents, click on the ‘New Folder’ icon:
To move items to/from folders: check the box next to the title(s) you wish to move. Drag and drop the item into the appropriate folder.
Copy, paste , delete and rename folders by clicking on the appropriate folder and then selecting an action icon (1.)
Cut, copy and paste individual items by checking the box next to the item, then select the appropriate action icons (2.):
Save your favourite search queries, with option to receive email updates for new items
1. Make sure you are logged in to Search@CSU Library.
2. Perform your search. At the bottom of the search results screen, click on ‘Save query’:
3. A new window will appear on your screen. Type a name for your query in the ‘Search name’ box. If you wish to receive email updates for new relevant items, click on the ‘save and alert’ radio button. Click on the orange ‘save’ button, and then close the window.
4. Click on ‘My folder’, then the ‘Search history’ tab. Your saved search query will appear :
At this screen, you can also change your email update preferences or delete your saved search(es).