If you are looking for information about biodiversity in Australia, try the Atlas of Living Australia. The Atlas is a national database of Australia’s flora and fauna, aggregated from a range of providers that include museums, herbaria, government departments, community groups, individuals and universities.
According to the About Us information, you can use the site to:
- access information pages for each species containing photos, descriptions, maps and observations
- access scientific and common names
- explore the flora and fauna reported around your neighbourhood
- learn about Australia’s biodiversity collections at museums, herbaria and other institutions
- map, analyse and visualise biodiversity and environmental data and trends
- access tools to help track changes in biodiversity and the environment
- access images, literature and genetic information through Australian nodes of international data repositories
- download and use open source tools
- download biodiversity data
……and lots more!
In creating the Atlas, there’s been strong co-operation and sharing between other international bodies and related Australian projects These can be accessed via a number of links on the Atlas background page.