A Personal Learning Network (PLN) is all about creating online social networks for collecting, communicating, collaborating, learning and creating through online connections.
As such a PLN is about utilising social media for your studies and professional career, creating an online professional profile.
The Library is running two workshops showing how a PLN can be utilised too:
- connect with professionals in your field through applications like LinkedIn and Twitter
- collect information about the latest developments in your field through applications like feedly.com
- Create an online professional profile through applications like LinkedIn
Learn to Connect: developing your P.L.N. Thursday 24/11/2016 6:00 – 7:00 pm AEDT
Join us to share and explore:
- the benefits of a PLN
- how a PLN can help keep your professional development up-to-date
- how to connect with others in your profession/field of study
- how to create accounts with three popular applications: LinkedIn, Twitter, and feedly.com.
Learn to Connect: managing your online information, Thursday 1/12/2016 6:00 – 7:00 pm AEDT
This workshop follows on from the first, and covers how to manage the data generated from P.L.N.s so you can keep track of information effectively. This workshop demonstrates and explores:
- the OneNote and Pocket applications and how to use them for study and collaboration
- how to evaluate online material using the CRAP test (currency, reliability/relevance, authority, and purpose/point of view)
- the legal issue of Copyright, and how you can re-use online material without getting into trouble