Social media is now part of our everyday life. Used correctly, it can assist you in your studies, as well as your professional career. If you are keen to use social media to create an online professional profile, the Library is running two workshops to help you develop your Personal Learning Network and manage your online information.
The first workshop is Learn to Connect: Developing your Personal Learning Network PLN, this online workshop is on Wednesday 6th December at 1pm AEDT. The workshop will go for one hour and will explore topics such as:
• the benefits of a PLN
• how a PLN can help keep your professional development up-to-date
• how to connect with others in your profession/field of study
• how to create accounts with three popular applications: LinkedIn, Twitter, and feedly.com.
The second workshop – Learn to Connect: Managing online information will run on Tuesday 12 December at 1pm AEDT. This one hour workshop will cover:
- the OneNote and Pocket applications and how to use them for study and collaboration.
- how to evaluate online material using the CRAP test (currency, reliability/relevance, authority, and purpose/point of view).
- the legal issue of Copyright, and how you can re-use online material without getting into trouble!
If you’re interested in learning more about using social media to find, use and distribute information, check out the Library’s Research Profile Library Resource Guide. Social media has many tools that allow you to do these things and more, all while you increase your profile and your social network. Interested – Register today for a workshop!