Have you ever had a headache from trying to manually enter your references into your essay?
To help avoid these referencing headaches, CSU offers free a download of EndNote software to students and staff. The software is compatible with both Macs and PCs
So you may be asking, what exactly is EndNote and what can it do for me?
EndNote can be used to manage your references, insert citations in Microsoft Word documents and store and annotate your PDFs.
To help you make the most of EndNote, the Library is running a series of EndNote Online Library Workshops, via Adobe Connect. These workshops run for an hour and are suitable for undergraduate or postgraduate students studying online or on campus.
What you will learn by attending a EndNote workshop:
- find and download EndNote
- create an EndNote Library and add references manually
- import references from online sources and edit them to comply with APA style
- attach PDFs to references and annotate the PDF
- create and use groups in your EndNote Library
- use Cite While You Write to insert and manage in-text citations and reference list entries in Word
EndNote for Mac
- Wednesday 7 March 6pm,
- Tuesday 13 March 1pm,
- Wednesday 9 May 1pm
EndNote for PC
- Wednesday 14 March 6pm,
- Wednesday 21 March 1pm,
- Wednesday 16 May 1pm
Sound helpful? Register today!
Need more help?
We have an EndNote Resource Guide
that answers commonly asked questions and steps you though the process
of setting up your EndNote library and inserting citations and
references correctly. If you find you have a specific EndNote question, contact us for help. For general referencing help, contact the ALLaN team.