Can you believe it’s nearly the end of the year?! Our staff will be taking a well earned break over the holiday period. The Library doors may be closed for the University’s annual holiday closure, but that doesn’t mean you can’t access most of our services. So, here’s what you need to know.
- The university’s holiday closure dates: closed from 24 December – reopening on Monday 4 January
- If you are on campus, you can still access study spaces and some of the Library’s collection spaces that are open 24/7. Use your Charles Sturt ID card to access these areas and visit our website to check further access details during the break.
- Virtual Services will resume full-time on Monday 11 January. From 4th to 8th January we will have virtual services available from 9am to 12.30pm each day.
Access to resources:
- Library Resource Guides – Discipline specific guides help you find and use journals, databases, websites, standards and other library resources relevant to your study. Check out our “how to” guides on Databases, EndNote, eBooks, and Primo Search, to help you with navigating our online resources. We also have guides to support researchers and teaching staff, including Research Data Management, Literature Review, and Information and Research Literacies.
- If your subject has a Research Skills Guide associated with it, you can find it in this list.
- Charles Sturt Library YouTube channel – Refresh your memory on how to find peer reviewed articles, in addition to how to use Google effectively and manage your research with EndNote.
- Take a look at our Research webpage for resources on planning, funding, gathering and analysing, publishing and much more!
Remember, you can always browse our website where you can find lots of helpful information, guidance and links to resources.