Why it can take so long to get a book digitised/mailed out/delivered from another campus?
Why we have the books we do?
Why we do everything the way we do…..(period) ?
The over-riding influence on what services and information we provide comes from the University values. The university values denote all our activities, avowing that we will be collaborative, student-centred, agile, agents of change, reliable, and inclusive.
These values are incorporated into the University Strategy, which is the roadmap for what the university wants to achieve in a certain timeframe. This is updated every few years, and at the moment we are working on the 2013-2015 University Strategy. This document contains a comprehensive, strategic list of objectives, evidence of success, strategic priorities, and strategic enablers for our regional communities, professional and academic communities, students and ourselves to our different audiences.
From the University Strategy the Library develops its own vision, mission & values which states that the library is:
and we will provide:
- Library Rule – how you can expect to use the library, and standards we will adhere to.
- Collection Development Policy – principles by which we utilise to select and retain items for the Library collection.
- Copyright – appropriate use (and acknowledgement of ownership) of intellectual property, such as copying and using material from books, audio and visual electronic files.
- Electronic Data Services Access Policy – the kinds of electronic data, such as journal databases, eBooks and online information resources we shall make available, and how they will be made available.
- Fines Policy – fines library clients may be charged with f items are overdue, lost or damaged.
- Library Charges – costs you may have to pay for to access printing and copying, and other library services
- plus more…
Do you have feedback for us on how we can improve what we do?
Let us know – fill in our online Comments & Suggestion Form.