Does this chilly weather make you feel like staying in and reading a great book?
The CSU Library has an impressive range of fiction available, and we’re regularly purchasing new and exciting titles for you to borrow.
Every year we purchase finalists and winners from book awards such as the Pulitzer Prize, Indie book of the Year, Miles Franklin Literary award, Man Booker Prize, and the Women’s Prize for Fiction.
If Teen Fiction or Children’s books are your thing, we also purchase winners from the Aurealis Awards, Caldecott Medal, Carnegie Medal, Prime Minister’s Literary Award, and the Sisters in Crime Australia Association Davitt Awards, among others.
Some of the past winning titles we have available include:
- All the Light We Cannot See, by Anthony Doerr
- A Brief History of Seven Killings, by Marlon James
- The Eye of the Sheep, by Sofie Laguna
- Viva Frida, by Yuyi Morales with photography by Tim O’Meara
- One Minute’s Silence, by David Metzenthen and illustrated by Michael Camilleri
All this means that we have a fantastic assortment of good reads waiting for you to borrow! Normal borrowing and renewing terms apply for our fiction section, and if you’re a Distance Education student we can post these winning novels out to you free of charge – with reply paid postage!
Remember to check out the other great resources the CSU Library can offer you next time you’re here!