We’re at that pointy end of the semester where assignment deadlines are overwhelming and exams are approaching (yikes!). At this time of the year we can start to neglect ourselves, our general wellbeing and our mental health as we frantically attempt to get everything done.
World Mental Health Day on October 10 is this year all about getting us to look after our own mental health and wellbeing. It means closing your eyes, taking a breath and thinking about what you can do to keep yourself healthy.
Mental Health Australia is running a campaign encouraging Australians to make a personal promise to improve their own mental health and wellbeing.
It can be to promise to yourself that you will:
- create reasonable expectations of what you can get done in a day
- ask for help to create study strategies
- sleep well (8 hours a night is the recommendation)
- talk to family
- do something that is meaningful to me
- ask for help from family and friends if it is getting to hard
- talk to a counsellor
- or what ever is appropriate to your situation
Did you know the library has heaps of resources on mental health? Do a Primo Search for “mental health”.