National Science Week is Australia’s annual celebration of science and
technology. It’s an annual event, this year we celebrate from 11th to
19th August. It features more than 1000 events around Australia. Over one million people participate in science events across the nation.
Established in 1997, National Science Week provides an opportunity to
acknowledge the contributions of Australian scientists to the world of
knowledge. It also aims to encourage an interest in science pursuits among the
general public, and to encourage younger people to be fascinated by the world
we live in.
To mark the occasion, why not check out some of the resources available online through the CSU Library.
Science Library guides
A good place to start is by looking through our science library guides, where you will journal databases, websites and speciality resources. Take a look at our library guides on:
- Animal and veterinary sciences
- Biomedical sciences
- Environmental Science & Outdoor recreation
- Maths & statistics
- Soil & Water sciences
- Spatial Sciences
- ProQuest Science & Technology Databases – A package of databases with science and technology related material
- ScienceDirect – Full-text for approximately 2100 journals
- Academic Search Complete – Comprehensive database of journal and other citations
- Wiley Online Library – Journal databases which includes full-text and covers all subject areas
- SciFinder – Online access to a number of Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) databases, plus MEDLINE
- CSIRO – Australian collection of full-text journals, published by CSIRO Publishing
- ABC Science
- Australian Academy of Science
- Dr Karl’s website
- Science Government site
- Science education article
Have a great Science Week. Be sure to check out the Science Week website to find an event in your area!