This year CSU is sponsoring the first Wagga Wagga Mardi Gras, and will have an amazing float parading through the streets of Wagga celebrating diversity and inclusion! The March is happening on the 9th of March, and the CSU float will be led by the Charles Sturt University ALLY Network. To show our support for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) community of CSU, the Library has some great resources available that we’d like to share with you:
- Absolutely Mardi Gras: costume and design of the Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras – This publication explores this iconic parade and it’s history, the costumes, plus the individual designers and their impact on the Australian arts scene.
- LGBT psychology and mental health: emerging research and advances – This eBook presents emerging discoveries, trends, and research areas in LGBT psychology, both in science and therapy.
- LGBT identity and the new media – This eBook considers the effects, issues, influences, benefits and disadvantages of new media phenomena with respect to the construction of LGBT identities.
- Journal of LGBT youth – This online Journal is an interdisciplinary forum dedicated to improving the quality of life for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning youth.
- Safe Spaces: Making Schools and Communities Welcoming to LGBT Youth – This revealing eBook illuminates both the challenges and triumphs of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender youth, and effective strategies for combating marginalisation in our schools.
- LGBT Rights around the world – an insightful look at the great injustices and violence brought down upon members of the LGBT community around the world.
As always, if you have any trouble accessing these Library resources, please contact us at the Library, and if you’re taking part in the Mardi Gras celebrations in Wagga this weekend, have a fabulous time!