Want to learn about the great services the Library offers and get a head start to session 3? The Library is getting ready for our next round of free Online Library Workshops (OLWs) – our up-to-date interactive sessions presented by librarians to help you with your study and research. If you’d like to hone your skills for session 3, and learn how to make the most of your library, check out the range of OLWs we’re offering:
- Introduction to Library services – Discover the services and scholarly resources we offer to support you in your studies.
- Finding online journal articles – What are Journal Articles, & what does Peer Reviewed mean? Join us to find out!
- Using eBooks – Learn how to find and read eBooks using Primo Search, and discover your options for downloading, copying and printing.
- Using Library databases – Learn how to find, read, and download eBooks using Primo Search.
- Advanced Library databases – Proximity searching, Combining search sets and using thesaurus options – we show you how!
- EndNote – Learn how to use this popular bibliographic management software, use Cite While You Write in Word, and create a reference list for your assignments.
- Promote yourself online – Stand out from the crowd, and learn how to manage your professional online profiles.
- Protect yourself online – Secure your online presence, and organise your online information with these tips and tricks.
During these workshops we’ll show you all the resources and services the Library offers to help you really succeed in your studies. The workshops are running through October, November and December to allow more flexibility for attending. Remember to check availability and register before each workshop to secure your place in the class. The confirmation email you receive includes the links and instructions to access the workshop. If you need any assistance with registration or have questions about our workshops, please contact us at the Library.