Can you believe it’s nearly the end of the year?! Our staff will be taking a well-earned break over the holiday period. The Library doors may be closed for the University’s annual holiday closure, but that doesn’t mean you can’t access most of our services. So, here’s what you need to know.
- The Library service points (chat/phone/desks) will be closed during the university’s holiday closure dates: 12:30pm Friday 23 December, reopening 9am Tuesday 3 January.
- Our phone and chat services will run slightly reduced hours from 3rd to 5th January: 9am – 5pm. Returning to regular hours from Friday 6th January.
- If you are on campus, you can still access study spaces and the Library’s collections that are open 24/7. Use your Charles Sturt ID card to access these areas and visit our website to check further access details during the break.
Access to resources:
- Primo Search will search across our on campus and online collections.
- The discipline specific Library Resource Guides direct you to key journals, databases, websites, standards and other library resources relevant to your study.
- The A-Z databases page lists all of our databases, you can refine by topic and/or resource type.
Access to help:
- Check out our “how to” guides on using and accessing Databases, EndNote, eBooks, and Primo Search.
- You’ll find a number of useful video playlists on the Charles Sturt Library YouTube channel, including Getting Started with the Library, Develop Your Research Skills and Using the Internet.
- We also have guides to support researchers and teaching staff, including Where to publish, Researcher Profiles, Using Leganto, and Information and Research Literacies.
- Take a look at our Research webpage for resources on planning, funding, gathering and analysing, publishing and much more!
Remember, you can always browse our website where you’ll find lots of helpful information, guidance and links to resources. From everyone here at the Library, we’d like to wish you all the best for the coming year, and a restful, happy break.