Get the best start to your studies and learn how to make the most of your library in our Online Library Workshops. We will show you all the quality resources and services the Library offers and help you develop your research and information management skills.
Workshops start Tuesday February 13th and continue through to the end of March. Afternoon and evening workshops are available. Take a look at the list below for more details and register online to secure your place.
Introduction to Library Services, covers:
- what services we can provide to you as either an internal or online student
- using Primo Search to find material
- using Primo Search to request items and check your library record
- how to get assistance
- the importance of using journal articles
- how to interpret a journal article citation
- how to locate quality scholarly information required for assignments
- what ‘peer-reviewed’ means and how to check if the article is peer reviewed
Using eBooks, covers:
- how to find e-books using Primo
- how to read an e-book online
- how to download and read e-books offline using Adobe Digital Editions
- copy and print options
Using Library Databases, covers:
- the benefits of using Library databases
- the principles of online searching
- how to use Boolean operators
- creating folders and setting up alerts
EndNote for PC and EndNote for Mac, covers:
- how to find and download EndNote
- setting up your reference library
- how to insert and compile reference lists in APA format style
- how a personal learning network can raise your professional profile
- how to keep on top of professional development opportunities
- why it’s important to connect with other professionals
Managing your online information, covers:
- applications to manage professional information for study and collaboration
- understanding how copyright affects you.
Workshop are free. They run for one hour and are accessed over the internet in a webinar format. You’ll need to register to ensure you receive an email with details on how to join the workshop.