This Friday is Wear it Purple day – a day for everyone to show their respect for diversity and social equality, and for rainbow people to be proud of who they are!
CSU strives to be an inclusive University, as we want to be a place where all people feel valued, welcomed and respected for the talents that they bring to the higher education environment. That’s why we’re celebrating Wear it Purple day at CSU, with events happening across all campuses including giveaways, treats, information stalls in the Learning Commons and more! If you’d like to take part in the celebrations, and stand against discrimination in support of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, and queer (LGBTIQ+) friends, colleagues and families, why not wear purple this Friday and show your support for LGBTIQ+ members of our community?
Want to find out more about LGBTIQ issues, communities and events? Then Check out some of the great resources available through the CSU Library website:
- Journal of Homosexuality, an internationally acclaimed, peer-reviewed publication aiming to foster a thorough understanding of the complexities, nuances, and the multifaceted aspects of sexuality and gender.
- Lodestar Quarterly, an online journal of the finest gay, lesbian and queer literature.
- Journal of LGBT Youth, an interdisciplinary forum dedicated to improving the quality of life for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning youth.
- Journal of Bisexuality, publishes both professional articles and serious essays on bisexuality and its meaning for the individual, the community, and society.
- International Journal of Transgenderism, offers an international, multidisciplinary scholarly forum for publication in the field of transgender health
If you have any questions about these Library resources, or need help accessing them, please contact us at the Library. If you do choose to wear purple this Friday, please share on social media using #WearItPurpleCSU