Would you like to learn about the great services the Library offers and hone your research skills? The Library is getting ready for our next round of free Online Library Workshops (OLW’s) – our interactive sessions presented by CSU Librarians to assist you with your study and research. If you’d like to get the best start to Session 1 and learn how to make the most of your library, check out the range of OLW’s we’re offering:
- Introduction to Library Services – Discover the services and scholarly resources we offer to support you in your studies.
- Finding Online Journal Articles – What are Journal Articles, & what does Peer Reviewed mean? Join us to find out!
- Using eBooks – Learn how to find, read, and download eBooks using Primo Search.
- Using Library Databases – We demonstrate search techniques, Boolean operators and the benefits of Library databases.
- Advanced Library Databases – Proximity searching, Combining search sets and using thesaurus options – we show you how!
- EndNote for PC – Find, download and learn to use this free referencing software on a PC.
- EndNote for Mac – Find, download and learn to use this free referencing software on a Mac.
During these workshops we’ll show you all the resources and services the Library offers, and help you develop your research and information management skills to really succeed in your studies. The workshops are offered over several weeks to allow more flexibility for attending, and each one runs for an hour.
Remember to register before each workshop to secure your place in the class. The confirmation email you receive will include the links and steps to access the workshop. So what are you waiting for, register online today! If you need any assistance with registration or have questions about our workshops, please contact us at the Library for help from one of our Librarians.