Thursday the 12th September is National Health and Physical Education Day, a day designed to raise awareness of, and advocate for, a greater focus on health and physical education in schools across Australia. This important event is brought to us by the Australian Council for Health, Physical Education and Recreation (ACHPER), who are the leading professional association representing teachers and other professionals working in the fields of health and physical education. ACHPER aim to promote active and healthy living for all Australians through education and professional practice, and to support this great cause the Charles Sturt Library would like to share some of our online resources that explore this topic:
- Exercise and Sports Sciences Library resource guide – This guide built by Charles Sturt Librarians is full of great resources such as encyclopaedias, eBooks, Journals and web resources, to help you with your research and studies in this field.
- A Dictionary of Sports Studies – This eResource includes the social, political, economical, and cultural theory of sport, as well as entries relating to exercise, preparation, performance psychology, plus key scientific terms. Topics covered include nutrition and anatomy.
- Sports Medicine and Exercise Science in Video – An online collection of videos covering fitness and health assessment, disease management, injury treatment, nutrition, medical fitness, sport science, work-site wellness, and exercise adherence.
- SPORTDiscus with Full Text – A bibliographic and full text database covering all aspects of sports, sports science, physical education, sports medicine and sports administration.
- Key Library Databases for Exercise Science, Sport studies, and Human Movement – This web-page lists all the journal databases provided by the Charles Sturt Library that cover this particular subject area. if you need help using databases, check out our Database Help Library Guide for some great tips and tricks!
It doesn’t matter whether you’re a parent, caregiver, or teacher, everyone has a role to play in helping young people take a step towards leading healthier and happier lives, so why not get out today and get active! If you have trouble viewing any of these resources, or would like help finding more resources on this topic, please contact us at the Library.