If you’ve been to the Wagga campus library recently you may have noticed there’s been a lot going on! Work has begun on Wagga’s new Learning Commons, which will see the library building transformed into a state-of-the-art learning space that will bring together a number of key services (such as Student Central, the Library, the Cashiers office) and the development of a range of study spaces to create a student-centred environment that will support you in your studies.
If you’d like to find out more about this exciting project including what’s going to be included and the timeline, you can read more on the University’s Facilities Management website.
The Wagga Library building is going through the first stage of refurbishment and there are changes in the way you will access the Library’s facilities and collection. If you’re planning to visit the Wagga campus Library, please note that:
• From Monday 4th April, access to the computer training room from the main library entrance will be blocked. Access to the training room will be via the Emergency Exit door on Level 1 located at the rear of the building closest to the pond. Directional maps will be placed at the loans desk, front entrance door and Emergency Exit door on Level 1. The Training Room will be accessible from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday only. Weekends and after hour computer access will be available from the Jack Cross Centre.
• Computers and print facilities from Level 2 (ground floor) have been relocated to the level 2 training room
• All library collection including AV, CRC and newspapers have been relocated from levels 1 and 2 up to levels 3 and 4
• Group study tables have been relocated from levels 1 and 2 up to levels 3 and 4.
• No access to the student lift, all access to the collection will be via the main staircase.
• No access to the ground floor (Level 1)
• Student Central and Cashier facilities will soon be relocated adjacent to the Library Loans desk.
• Floor plans of the completed Wagga Learning Commons will be on display in the Library Foyer.