New and continuing students can learn how to get the most out of your CSU Library through our Online Library Workshops. By participating in these online classes, you’ll get a great start to the new session by learning about the many services the Library offers. The workshops on offer this session are:
- Are you new to CSU or returning to study? The Library offers a wide range of services and scholarly resources designed to support you in your studies. Find out what they are!
Finding Online Journal Articles – Tues. 14th November, 1pm
- You’ve spotted the words ‘journal’, ‘journal articles’ and ‘peer reviewed’ in your subject outline. What do these things mean? Come and learn how to find journals and articles.
Using eBooks – Wed. 15th November, 1pm
- eBooks can be a great alternative to print books, for both online and on-campus students. CSU Library has over 100,000 eBooks in our collection, so why not learn how to take advantage of them?
Using Library Databases – Tues. 24th November, 1pm
- Library databases can be really useful, but also rather daunting, so join us to explore some of the search techniques and features that you can use.
Getting Started with EndNote (PC users) – Tues. 28th November, 1pm
- Take a lot of the work out of referencing, and save time on your essay-writing, by learning how to use EndNote.
Getting More out of EndNote (PC users) – Tues. 5th December, 1pm
- Are you getting the most out of EndNote? This workshop will show you how to import references, use cite while you write, plus much more!
EndNote in an Hour! (PC users) – Wed. 22nd November, 1pm
- Are you short on time and want to learn about EndNote? This workshop combines our two popular EndNote for PC workshops into one, and covers the content in ONE HOUR!
EndNote for Mac – Wed. 29th November, 12pm
- Are you a Mac user and would like to learn how to get the most out of EndNote? This workshop will get you started and show
Learn to Connect: Developing your Personal Learning Network – Wed. 6th December, 1pm
- Social media is now a part of our everyday life. Used correctly, it can assist you in your studies and professional career. Learn use social media to create an online professional profile.
Learn to Connect: Managing your Online Information – Tues. 12th December, 1pm
- So, you’ve created your professional online persona and are getting a lot of data coming your way. How do you keep track of it? This workshop explores some easy solutions.