Access Services are the friendly faces you meet when you come into the Library. We’re the guys at the front desks helping you out with ANY questions you have…
We’re there keeping the books in order so it’s easier for everyone to find them later on. You’ll see us with our trolleys collecting your loan requests…
Or re-shelving them once they’ve been returned, in accordance to the dastardly, spelling reformist Melvil Dewey’s decimal classification system. (hey – it was over a hundred years ago and spelling reform was a huge thing back then!)
|Melvil Dewey – awesome cataloguer (not so awesome person) Image source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dewey_Decimal_Classification#mediaviewer/File:Melvil_Dewey_1891.jpg|
Access staff also do your scanning requests (and scan material for your e-reserve resources), which is often a good solution for those high demand books that never seem be on the shelf! And we handle all your mail (so much mail!!).
|Laura happily scanning your requests!|
|Janine doing the mail – so many books!!|
Some cool stats from 2013:
- Number of loans we mailed out to you guys: 41479
- Number of books requested for pick up at another campus Library: 11111! (and no – that isn’t a typo)
- Number of photocopy requests processed: 3874
- Number of brilliant people in Access: too many to count!! ( around 40)
- Number of physical items in our Libraries: 588,234 (golly gosh that’s a lot)
- Number of happy times helping students and staff: infinite
So please don’t be backward in coming forward to see us – we’re here to help and we love doing it! (And we also like to chat!)
Compiled by our guest blogger for September, David from the Orange Campus Library.
Watch out next month for another in this series of guest blog posts, exploring CSU Library.